- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 100 g radishes, sliced
- 1 thick-cut lean rump steak, trimmed of fat
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 2 tbsp walnut oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 celery stalks, sliced on diagonal
- 125 g bag of mixed lettuce leaves
- 1. Stir salt into bowl of cold water until dissolved. Add onion and radish slices and leave to soak while cooking steak.
- 2. Heat nonstick frying pan until hot. Pat steak dry with paper towel. Rub steak on both sides with 2 tsp of olive oil, then season with herbs and some black pepper. Cook steak for 2 1/2–3 1/2 minutes per side. Transfer steak to board and leave to rest.
- 3. Whisk remaining olive oil, walnut oil and vinegar together. Cut steak into slices about 1/4 in. thick. Pour collected juices into dressing.
- 4. Drain onion and radishes well, put into large bowl; add dressing with celery and beef. Gently toss. Divide salad among four plates, then spoon over beef mixture. Serve immediately.