Black Friday gifts for hosts: Don’t show up with empty hands
You don’t have to do dishes or put your drunk friends in cabs. The leastyou could do is bring your host a little something special.
You don’t have to do dishes or put your drunk friends in cabs. The least you could do is bring your host a little something special.
1. Bring your hosts treats to enjoy after everyone goes home. Iron Chef Jose Garces’ artisan chocolate bars feature unexpected combos such as porcini and thyme. His Garces Trading Co. coffee will make a messy kitchen easier to wake up to. Chocolate: $8, coffee: $14, www.grg-mgmt.com
2. Bringing blooms? These ceramic stone vases from the Museum of Modern Art’s design store are an artful little extra and won’t send your busy host scrambling for water. $75, www.momastore.org
3. Everyone brings a bottle of wine. Mix it up with this festive bar set from Olivia & Cocoa. $78, www.oliveandcocoa.com
4. Restoration Hardware’s rustic brass ornaments have a subtle holiday feel that will fit in with any tree’s decor. $20-$32, www.restorationhardware.com
5. Moet’s Imperial Gift Box keeps bubbly chilled and is ready to go with a festive bow. Just add orange juice for the perfect morning-after gift. $40, www.moet.com