Broiled Salmon with Avocado-Mango Salsa
- 2 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 4 skinless, boneless salmon fillets
- 1 large mango, peeled and cut into 1-cm chunks
- 1 hass avocado, peeled and cut into 1-cm chunks
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 6 cups mesclun or frisée lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1. In large bowl, stir paprika, coriander and salt. Measure out 2 tsp spice mixture and sprinkle over salmon, rubbing it into fish. Place salon, skin-side down, in broiler pan.
- 2. To remaining spice mixture, add mango, avocado, chickpeas, cilantro, lemon zest, lemon juice, and oil; toss to combine.
- 3. Broil salmon 15 cm from heat 5 minutes for medium. Serve salmon and salsa on bed of frisée lettuce.