Broiled Shad with Mushrooms
- There's fanfic at The Met and it's all because of the Tale of Genji21 Pictures
- Oscars 2019: Red carpet looks and full list of winners36 Pictures
- 700 g fresh (or frozen and thawed) shad, sole, or flounder fillets
- 1 tbsp butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 tbsp drained prepared horseradish
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1. Preheat broiler. Rinse fish and pat dry. In small bowl, stir together 1 tbsp melted butter, lemon juice, onion, horseradish, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper.
- 2. Place fish on lightly-greased broiler pan rack. Tuck under thin edges of fillets. Brush with lemon mixture. Broil 5 inches from heat 3 to 6 minutes or until fish flakes when tested with fork, brushing once with lemon mixture.
- 3. Meanwhile, in medium-size skillet, melt 1 tbsp butter over moderate heat. Add mushrooms and cook 3 minutes or until tender. Serve mushrooms on top of fish.