Ensure burgers grill to perfection by cooking on medium heat with lid down
Whether grilling a lean beef burger or a turkey burger, here are some tips to make the effort a success:
- Always start with a clean grill rack.
- Oil the grill prior to heating.
- Enhance flavour, nutrition and moisture by adding finely chopped or grated vegetables (patties become too fragile with larger pieces).
- Let burgers cook on medium heat, lid down, for a full 6 to 7 minutes before flipping (watch grill temperature — if the heat is too high the burgers can scorch).
Use a meat thermometer to ensure patties are fully cooked to internal temperature of at least 71 to 72 C (160 to 165 F). Insert meat thermometer sideways into the centre of each patty for best results.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures