A broken natural gas line forced the evacuation of Canada Bread Friday night.
The Calgary Fire Department says crews arrived at about 7:20 p.m. to the business at 4320 - 80 Ave. All 37 workers had left the building.
- Celebrity deaths 2018: All the stars we lost too soon 46 Pictures
- Photos: Starbucks Reserve Roastery NYC reconnects you with your coffee 48 Pictures
Firefighters soon learned a forklift truck had broken a pipe letting gas flow freely in the building.
Crews were concerned about the level of gas inside the building and the close proximity of the line break to the many hot ovens inside the business.
The gas was shut off and the building was ventilated.
One man, the forklift operator, was treated at the scene for minor medical issues caused by the inhalation of natural gas.
All of the employees were able to return inside a short time later after fire crews determined the air was safe.