• 1 butternut squash, about 2 lbs (1 kg), halved crosswise, then lengthwise, seeded and peeled
• 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
• 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) frozen corn kernels, thawed
• 2 1/4 tsp (11 ml) extra virgin olive oil
• 1/3 cup (75 ml) grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Quarter butternut squash pieces lengthwise and then cut crosswise into 1/2-in. (1-cm) thick chunks. Combine squash, onion, corn and oil in large bowl, tossing to coat.
2. Arrange vegetables in a 13 x 9-in. (30 x 20-cm) baking dish. Bake until butternut squash is tender, 40 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking time.
3. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over vegetables and bake until melted and golden, 5 minutes.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to www.rd.ca
Butternut Squash Gratin