A 22-year-old man and an 18-year-old woman whose bodies were found inside a maintenance shed Sunday evening in Mount Thom, Pictou County likely died of carbon monoxide poisoning, police say.
But as of yesterday the cause of their deaths hadn't officially been determined and autopsies had been scheduled in an attempt to confirm the suspicions of investigators.
The RCMP said officers from Pictou County were called to a report of the sudden deaths of the two young adults at about 7:30 p.m. Sunday. They were assisted by firefighters from West River and New Glasgow when they responded to the scene off Highway 4.
Police said they're not releasing the names of the deceased until after their family members have been notified, adding "foul play is not suspected."