Home
 
Choose Your City
Change City

Carbon monoxide sends six to Calgary hospital

Firefighters and EMS responded to a home in the city's northeast Tuesday morning for reports of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Six people and two dogs were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning at a home in Calgary’s northeast this morning, according to fire officials.

Around 7:20 a.m., firefighters and EMS responded to a home in the 200 block of Rundleson Place NE, and upon arrival, there were six adults and two dogs requiring treatment for carbon monoxide poisoning.

Upon further inspection, firefighters recorded carbon monoxide levels of nearly 400 parts per million, and according to officials, these levels can cause seizures, unconsciousness and even death. Fire officials typically evacuate if levels go over 12.5 parts per million, they said.

The patients were treated, along with the two dogs, with oxygen from ventilators. The patients were sent to hospital for further treatment.

Calgary firefighters are still investigating to determine the source of the carbon monoxide.

 
Consider AlsoFurther Articles