Hollywood’s stars have been spotted dining on some Yorkville delicacies. Here’s three spots where the stars of the Toronto International Film Festival, have dined:
• Fifth Elementt: As an official TIFF restaurant, the Fifth Elementt has been hosting its fair share of parties. Because of its location between the Sutton Place Hotel and the Varsity Cinema, restaurant owner Vijay Karumanchi said many top models and film stars have been taking advantage of his restaurant’s location as well as the traditional Indian and Mediterranean cuisine.
Some celebrity menu favourites this week have included appetizers of lentil and beef soup and the new buttered lobster and shrimp salad. Karumanchi said the lamb shank is by far the most popular main course, followed by the striploin steak sandwich and halibut dish.
• Sotto Sotto: This Italian hotspot has been home to many celebs this week, but most have dropped in by surprise, said the restaurant’s assistant manager. Kevin Costner, Kate Winslet, Michael Moore, Michael Keaton, Dustin Hoffman and Dan Aykroyd were spotted indulging there this week.
Sotto Sotto’s Italian-style meatloaf and seafood risotta were among menu favourites with the celebs.
• Bistro 990: It’s not until “the big night” that the Bistro 990 staff knows a celebrity is coming in. According to assistant manager Susan Olsen, Jude Law, Sean Penn, Tim Robbins and Sienna Miller have stopped by this week to treat themselves to some Mediterranean and French cuisine. Olsen said the stars were served platters of steak and halibut in Bistro 990’s antique-style dining room.
where they dined
• 5th Elementt, 1033 Bay St.
• Sotto Sotto, 116 Avenue Rd.
• Bistro 990, 990 Bay St.