THURSDAY, AUG. 3:
Toronto at Montreal
ODDSMAKERS' LINE:Montreal is favoured by9.5 points.
MARTY SAYS: What a mismatch this has turned out to be. Entering the season, these two teams were supposed to be about even. The Alouettes, however, are undefeated (6-0) while the Argonauts have deteriorated into a woeful team (2-4) and exhibit poor game plans week after week. There's talk now that Damon Allen won't even be able to start at quarterback because his broken finger still hasn't healed, even though he started last week. Well, regardless of who plays for the Argos, this is a mismatch and it will be another one-sided, snore-bore we're seeing far too often in the CFL this year.
MARTY'S PICK: TAKEMONTREAL MINUS THE 9.5 POINTS.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
FRIDAY, AUG. 4:
Hamilton at Winnipeg
ODDMSAKERS' LINE:Winnipeg is favoured by10 points.
MARTY SAYS: Just as the great Winnipeg journalistScott Taylor predicted when the season began -- and he didn't have much company at the time -- the Blue Bombers are very much for real and are one of the few dominant teams in the CFL. The Tiger-Cats are laughingstocks. And so, yes, this will be another one-sided, snore-bore we're seeing far too often in the CFL this year.
MARTY'S PICK: TAKEWINNIPEG MINUS THE 10 POINTS.
FRIDAY, AUG. 4:
Edmonton at B.C.
ODDSMAKERS' LINE:B.C. is favoured by 6.5 points.
MARTY SAYS: Wally Buono is once again proving why he is the best coach in the CFL, leading the Lions to top spot in the Western Division and extracting the most from folks named Smith and Glatt just when we thought these guys couldn't and wouldn't do anything. The Eskimos, on the other hand, are in the same category as the Argos and Tiger-Cats -- serious underachievers -- and, you got it, this will be another one-sided, snore-bore we're seeing far too often in the CFL this year.
MARTY'S PICK: TAKE B.C. MINUS THE 6.5 POINTS.
SATURDAY, AUG. 5
Saskatchewan at Calgary
ODDSMAKERS' LINE:Calgary is favoured by2.5 points.
MARTY SAYS: And we're supposed to get excited about yet another Saturday night game between Saskatchewan and Calgary? What a one-sided, snore-bore between these two teams in Saskatchewan last week. After a hot start, Henry Burris and the Stampeders have lost it while Kerry Joseph and the Riders are beginning to show who's boss. Here's hoping this game isn't yet another one-sided, snore-bore. Something tells me this will be close, which makes the underdog and the points appealing.
MARTY'S PICK: TAKE SASKATCHEWAN PLUS THE 2.5 POINTS.
RESULTS OF WEEK 7:
Winnipeg 29, Hamilton 0
Montreal21, Edmonton 13
B.C. 28,Toronto 8
Saskatchewan 19, Calgary 9