Home
 
Choose Your City
Change City

Charcoal from hookah pipe caused deadly blaze: Report

<p>A smouldering charcoal tablet from an unattended hookah pipe started the fire that killed two university students, Victoria Fire officials announced yesterday.</p>




Hookah pipe





A smouldering charcoal tablet from an unattended hookah pipe started the fire that killed two university students, Victoria Fire officials announced yesterday.





Seven University of Victoria students were in the Villance Street house when the fire broke out around 4 a.m. on August 6.





Fire Chief Doug Angrove said after smoking tobacco with a hookah pipe the residents went to bed.





A charcoal tablet fell from the pipe and landed on the couch, which started to smoulder.





The couch eventually ignited, spreading fire and smoke throughout the house.





Brenna Jaclyn Innes, 21, of Vancouver, and Chelsea Elizabeth Robinson, 22, of Sechelt, B.C., died in the blaze.





Angrove said fire investigators aren’t sure if the house had a smoke alarm that worked. They aren’t believed to have been smoking marijuana.


 
 
Consider AlsoFurther Articles