• 1 large zucchini, sliced into rings
• 1 eggplant, sliced into rings
• 1 red pepper, cut into wide strips
• 1 yellow pepper, cut into wide strips
• 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
• 5 tbsp (75 ml) olive oil
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 1/2 cup (125 ml) pine nuts or walnuts
• 14 oz (400 g) tagliatelle
• 4 tbsp (60 ml) pesto
• 7 oz (200 g) feta cheese, cubed
1. Preheat broiler to medium-high. Put vegetables in large bowl and drizzle with oil. Add garlic and season with pepper. Mix, then spread vegetables out in grill pan. Broil 20-25 minutes or until lightly charred, turning from time to time and removing vegetables that are cooked before rest.
2. While vegetables are cooking, put nuts in dry pan and toast over medium heat, tossing regularly, 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Tip onto plate and set aside.
3. Towards end of broiling, cook pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Drain thoroughly and return to pot.
4. Add vegetables and pesto to pasta. Add feta cheese and nuts. Gently toss everything together and serve immediately.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to www.rd.ca
- There's fanfic at The Met and it's all because of the Tale of Genji21 Pictures
- Oscars 2019: Red carpet looks and full list of winners36 Pictures