JPMorgan Chase is the largest bank in the United States, but its ATM network isn’t the biggest in the country — not by a long shot.
Learn Moreat Chase BankThe bank operates more than 16,000 ATMs in 25 states. Althoughthat makes it one of the largest networks in the U.S., it’s dwarfed by Citibank, which hasabout 34,000 ATMs in the U.S. And the Co-Op Network, a consortium of some 3,500 credit unions, boasts 30,000 fee-free ATMs for customers of member branches.
If you’re a Chase customer usingone of the bank’s ATMs, you can make fee-free deposits, withdrawals and transfers between linked accounts. Customers usingthe bank’s most basic checking account, Chase Total Checking, have to pay $2.50 per transaction at out-of-network ATMs ($5 outside U.S.), plus any fees charged by the ATM owner.
Chase Premier Platinum users get as manyfree transactions at non-Chase ATMs as they’d like, while Chase Premier Plususersget four permonth.
- One of the largest ATM networks in the U.S.
- Check and cash deposits at nearly all Chase ATMs.
- Comparatively low fee to use out-of-network ATMs.
- Available in only half of U.S. states.
- Charge to check your balance at out-of-network ATMs.
- More than 16,000 ATMs across 25 states, including New York, California, Texas, Georgia, Michigan, Wisconsin and Illinois.
- No ATMs in Virginia, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Tennessee and Missouri, among other states.
- Cash and check deposit at nearly all Chase ATMs.
- Deposited check verification on-screen or via receipt.
- Money transfers between accounts linked to your debit card.
- Ability to view recent transactions.
- Statement printing.
- Limit of six withdrawals per month from Chase savings accounts.
- $5 fee for each withdrawal or transfer beyond the monthly limit.
- Maximum daily withdrawal amount varies by account.
- For holders of Chase Total Checking: $2.50 per withdrawal, transfer and balance inquiry at non-Chase ATMs for most accounts, plus any surcharge from the ATM owner; $5 per withdrawal from an ATM outside the U.S.
- ATM fees waived for Chase Premier Platinum checking account holders.
- Customers with a Premier Plus account can use a non-Chase ATM without a fee up to four times during a statement period.
If you live in a Chase hub, you’ll likely find an ATM virtually everywhere —the bank isparticularly prominent in the Northeast, on the West Coast, and in parts of Texas and Florida. But if you don’t live in its service area and regularly use out-of-network ATMs, your fees could add up quickly.
- PHOTOS: What's Brewing in Steamy Hallows, the Harry Potter-Inspired Cafe19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Frida Kahlo at the Brooklyn Museum doesn't hold back23 Pictures
Updated Oct. 3, 2016.