• 1 1/2 lbs (750 g) pork sausage
• 9 eggs, lightly beaten
• 3 cups (750 ml) milk
• 9 slices bread, cubed
• 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) shredded cheddar cheese
• 1/2 lb (250 g) sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
• 1 1/2 tsp (7 ml) ground mustard
1. In large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add eggs, milk, bread, cheese, bacon and mustard. Transfer to greased shallow 3-qt. (3 L) baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
2. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350ºF (180ºC) 60-65 minutes or until knife inserted near centre comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to www.rd.ca
- Labrador retriever fetches top U.S. dog breed honor for record 28th year7 Pictures
- Oscars 2019: Red carpet looks and full list of winners36 Pictures