• 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
• 1 celery stalk with leaves, finely chopped
• 1/3 cup finely chopped and seeded red pepper
• 2 tbsp (25 ml) minced shallot
• 2 tbsp (25 ml) finely chopped parsley
• 2 tbsp (25 ml) coarse Dijon mustard
• 2 tbsp (25 ml) low-fat mayonnaise
• 2 large egg whites
• 1 tsp (5 ml) Old Bay seasoning
• 1 lb (500 g) lump crabmeat, picked through
• 1/3 cup (75 ml) all-purpose flour
• 2 tsp (10 ml) canola oil
1. Mix bread crumbs, celery, red pepper, shallot, parsley, mustard, mayonnaise, egg whites and Old Bay seasoning in large bowl. Fold in crabmeat.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F (180ºC). Spread flour on waxed paper. Divide crab mixture into 8 mounds, then form into patties with floured hands. Dredge in flour.
3. Lightly coat non-stick frying pan with non-stick cooking spray and set over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Cook 4 crab cakes until brown, about 2 minutes on each side. Drizzle 1 tsp (5 ml) oil around crab cakes, gently shaking pan to spread oil, right after turning crab cakes over. Transfer to plate lined with paper towels. Repeat with remaining crab cakes and oil.
4. Lightly coat baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray, place crab cakes on sheet, and bake until very hot in centre, 8 to 10 minutes.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to www.rd.ca
Latest From ...
- Prospect Park Zoo to breed near-threatened Pallas's cats in new exhibitHow to see the ‘super blood wolf moon' eclipse this weekendEntertainment
- Everything to know about Justin Bieber and Hailey Baldwin’s big weddingWill there be a Punisher season 3? Here's what we knowLifestyle
- Is Costco open on Martin Luther King Day?Is Wawa open on MLK Day?Sports
- Michael Dal Colle nets NHL 1st, Islanders keep rolling in win vs. DevilsNHL Jets Predators free live stream, watch online
- Prospect Park Zoo to breed near-threatened Pallas's cats in new exhibitHow to see the ‘super blood wolf moon' eclipse this weekendNYC food carts now receive letter grades from health departmentEverything to know about Justin Bieber and Hailey Baldwin’s big weddingWill there be a Punisher season 3? Here's what we knowThe Punisher season 2 ending explained: What happens to Jigsaw?Is Costco open on Martin Luther King Day?Is Wawa open on MLK Day?Finding the perfect outdoor space with the cast of Backyard Envy