• 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 6 oz (170 g) each
• 2 tbsp (25 ml) plain ?our
• Salt and black pepper
• 1 1/2 tbsp (20 ml) unsalted butter
• 1 1/2 tbsp (20 ml) sun?ower oil
• 2 shallots
• 4 sprigs of fresh tarragon
• 3/4 cup (175 ml) dry white wine
• 1 1/3 cups (325 ml) chicken stock
• 4 tbsp (60 ml) whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to low. Trim excess fat from breasts and pat dry with paper towel. Dust with ?our and season lightly.
2. Heat butter and 1 tbsp (15 ml) oil in frying pan over moderate heat and fry breasts for about 6 minutes per side.
3. Peel and chop shallots. Rinse and dry tarragon, snip off ends and reserve as garnish; strip leaves from remaining stems, chop and set aside.
4. Transfer chicken to oven to keep warm. Add shallots to pan with remaining oil and fry, stirring, for 1 minute. Add wine and half the chopped tarragon. Boil until wine has reduced by half. Add chicken stock and reduce by half again.
5. Stir in whipping cream and remaining chopped tarragon, return chicken to pan, and warm through for 1 minute per side. Serve garnished with tarragon tips.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to www.rd.ca
- There's fanfic at The Met and it's all because of the Tale of Genji21 Pictures
- Oscars 2019: Red carpet looks and full list of winners36 Pictures