• 4 skinned and boned chicken breast halves cut into bite-size strips
• Nonstick cooking spray
• 2 tbsp (25 ml) vegetable oil
• 2 stalks celery, cut into 1-in. (2.5-cm) pieces
• 2 medium yellow onions, halved and sliced
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 1/4 cups (300 ml) low-sodium chicken broth
• 1/4 cup (50 ml) low-sodium soy sauce
• 2 tbsp (25 ml) cornstarch
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) firmly packed brown sugar
• 1 can (14 oz/398 ml) mixed Chinese vegetables, drained
• 1 can (8 oz/199 ml) sliced water chestnuts, drained
• 3 cups (750 ml) chow mein noodles
1. Rinse chicken; drain and pat dry. Coat wok or heavy 12-in. (30-cm) skillet with cooking spray. In wok or skillet, heat 1 tbsp (15 ml) oil over moderately high heat. Add chicken and stir-fry until cooked through, 3 minutes. Using slotted spoon, remove chicken from wok. Cover and keep warm.
2. Heat remaining 1 tbsp (15 ml) oil in wok. Add celery, onions and garlic. Stir-fry until almost tender, 2 minutes.
3. In small bowl, whisk chicken broth, soy sauce, cornstarch and brown sugar. Add to wok along with Chinese vegetables and water chestnuts. Bring to boil and cook until sauce thickens and vegetables are heated through, 1 minute.
4. Return cooked chicken along with any juices to wok. Bring to boil and cook until heated through, 1 minute. Spoon chicken mixture over chow mein noodles.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to www.rd.ca
Latest From ...
- Trump wants to reclassify nuclear waste as less dangerousNew Facebook bug exposed private photos of 6.8 million, company saysEntertainment
- What you need to know about the CBS settlement with Eliza DushkuThe most-binged shows and watched movies on Netflix in 2018Lifestyle
- Style gift guide: Glam up your gift-giving this holiday seasonChristmas Cookie Challenge host shares his favorite holiday recipeSports
- 3 takeaways from Patriots Week 15 loss to Steelers
- Trump wants to reclassify nuclear waste as less dangerousNew Facebook bug exposed private photos of 6.8 million, company saysAmerican student studying in The Netherlands stabbed to death by roommateWhat you need to know about the CBS settlement with Eliza DushkuThe most-binged shows and watched movies on Netflix in 2018Scripted series about music legend Selena Quintanilla coming to NetflixStyle gift guide: Glam up your gift-giving this holiday seasonChristmas Cookie Challenge host shares his favorite holiday recipePhilly holiday gift guide: Where to shop locally for the perfect gifts