• 1/4 cup (50 ml) smooth peanut butter
• 1/3 cup (75 ml) coconut milk
• 2 tbsp (25 ml) diluted chicken stock
• 1 lemon, zest finely grated
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) vegetable oil
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 1 red chili pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
• 12 oz (350 g) skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into thin strips
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) five-spice powder
• 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
• 2 carrots, peeled and cut into julienne strips
• 6 oz (175 g) button mushrooms, sliced
• 2 tbsp (25 ml) chopped fresh coriander
1. In small bowl, whisk together peanut butter, coconut milk, stock and lemon zest until blended, then set aside.
2. Heat oil in wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add garlic and chili pepper and stir-fry 30 seconds to release flavours.
3. Add chicken and five-spice powder and stir-fry 3–4 minutes until chicken has coloured all over. Add red pepper, carrots and mushrooms and stir-fry 2–3 minutes until slightly softened.
4. Pour peanut butter mixture into wok and stir-fry 2–3 minutes until chicken is cooked through and tender. Remove from heat, stir in chopped coriander and serve immediately.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to www.rd.ca
- There's fanfic at The Met and it's all because of the Tale of Genji21 Pictures
- Oscars 2019: Red carpet looks and full list of winners36 Pictures