2 tbsp (25 mL) olive oil
7 oz (200 g) skinless chicken breast fillets, diced
1 red onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
2 celery sticks, chopped
1/2 lb (250 g) mushrooms, chopped
1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh thyme
1 tbsp (15 mL) dry sherry
1 tbsp (15 mL) Worcestershire sauce
3 cups (750 mL) chicken stock
4 tbsp (60 mL) sour cream
1. Heat oil in large pot and fry chicken 5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pot and set aside. Add onion, garlic and celery to pot and cook 5 minutes.
2. Add chopped mushrooms, thyme, sherry and Worcestershire sauce. Season lightly and cook vegetables 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Tip mixture into food processor and add half of stock. Process until smooth, then return to pot and add remaining stock. Return chicken to pot and heat until boiling. Simmer 3 minutes. Stir in 2 tbsp (25 mL) sour cream and return to boil.
4. Ladle into bowls and swirl small spoonful of remaining sour cream on to each.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to www.rd.ca
Chicken, Thyme and Mushroom Soup