Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb small white boiling potatoes
- 3 celery stalks, thickly sliced
- 2 carrots, halved lengthwise and cut into 1 1/2-in. pieces
- 40 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 3/4 tsp tarragon
- 1/2 tsp rosemary, minced
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry vermouth
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Combine oil, potatoes, celery, carrots, garlic, tarragon, rosemary and salt in Dutch oven or flameproof casserole. Toss to combine.
- 2. Add broth and vermouth to pan and bring to boil over medium heat. Reduce to simmer, cover and cook 10 minutes.
- 3. Add chicken, cover and place in oven. Bake until chicken is cooked through and potatoes and garlic are tender, 30 minutes. Stir in parsley just before serving