• 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
• 1 1/2 tbsp (20 mL) butter
• 4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, about 6 oz (175 g) each
• Salt and black pepper
• 4 scallions
• 3/4 lb (375g) button mushrooms
• 1 tbsp (15 mL) plain ?our
• 2/3 cup (150 mL) chicken stock
• 2/3 cup (150 mL) light cream
1. Preheat oven to low setting to keep chicken warm later. Put olive oil and butter into frying pan and heat until sizzling hot. Meanwhile, season chicken breasts on both sides with salt and black pepper.
2. Add chicken to pan and cook 2–3 minutes per side until golden, then reduce heat to low, cover and continue cooking 8–10 minutes, turning once.
3. Meanwhile, trim, rinse and thinly slice scallions. Clean and thinly slice mushrooms.
4. When chicken’s juices run clear, transfer breasts to plate, cover and keep warm.
5. Add scallions and button mushrooms to pan, spread out and fry over moderate heat 3–4 minutes, or until softened.
6. Stir ?our into pan and cook 1 minute, then add stock and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook mushroom sauce 2–3 minutes, then reduce heat, add cream and stir. Return chicken breasts and juices to pan and heat through 2–3 minutes more.
7. Put cooked chicken breasts onto warmed plates, spoon over mushroom sauce, and serve them immediately.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to www.rd.ca
- PHOTOS: NYC 2019 Pride Parade31 Pictures