BEIJING (Reuters) - Activity in China's manufacturing sector unexpectedly shrank slightly in July from the previous month, an official survey showed on Monday.
The official Purchasing Managers' Index (PMI) stood at 49.9 in July, compared with the previous month's reading of 50 and just below the 50-point mark that separates growth from contraction on a monthly basis.
Analysts polled by Reuters predicted a reading of 50.0.
(Reporting by Sue-Lin Wong; Editing by Kim Coghill)
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures