Chinese Shrimp and Bean Sprouts
- 200 g egg noodles
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- small bunch of scallions, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 fresh green chili pepper, halved, seeded and sliced
- 250 g package stir-fry vegetables
- 1 1/4 cups chicken stock
- 150 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 150 g fresh bean sprouts
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 300 g cooked, peeled jumbo shrimp
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1. Soak or cook noodles according to package instructions. Drain, then toss with sesame oil and set aside.
- 2. Heat wok or large pot with 4 tsp vegetable oil and stir-fry scallions, garlic, chili pepper and packaged vegetables 3 minutes. Stir in stock and boil. Add mushrooms and bean sprouts. Cook 2-3 minutes.
- 3. Stir in soy sauce; add shrimp and cook 1-2 minutes if fresh, 3 minutes if frozen. Toss in noodles and reheat thoroughly.
- 4. Heat remaining oil in small pan. Season eggs and pour into pan. Fry, gently stirring to scramble eggs slightly, until lightly set into large, soft curds. Mix into noodles and serve immediately.