- 4 small Dover sole (about 1/4 lb/125 g each), cleaned and skinned
- 2 lbs (1 kg) new potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 large sprig fresh mint
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) unsalted butter
- finely grated zest and juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 lb (500 g) baby leaf spinach
- Freshly gated nutmeg (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh mint sprigs and lemon wedges to garnish
1. Preheat broiler to high. Lay fish on top of foil-lined grill pan.
2. In large pot, cover potatoes with boiling water and add sprig of mint. Cook until potatoes are just tender, about 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, melt butter in small pot and mix in lemon zest and juice. Season with salt and pepper. Brush the lemon butter over the fish and broil until the flesh close to the bone flakes easily when pierced with a knife, 5¬–6 minutes.
4. While the fish is cooking, steam the spinach until just wilted, 2 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste.
5. Drain potatoes and put into warmed serving dish. Add plenty of black pepper, toss gently and garnish with mint sprigs. Transfer sole to warmed plates and spoon over cooking juices from pan. Add lemon wedges and serve.
For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to rd.ca or check out Key Ingredients in this month's Reader's Digest, on newsstands now!