It's no joke: An assassin dressed as a clown shot and killed a former drug kingpin in Los Cabos on Friday, reports the Daily Mail.
A gunman wearing a red nose and a wig entered the family gathering of former drug lord Francisco Rafael Arellano Felix, 63, and shot the man once in the head and once in the chest, reports the BBC. The killer's motive is still unknown, as is his identity.
Felix's family had been vacationing at a rented beach house in the resort area of Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. Felix, with his brothers, ruled the drug trade over the Mexico-U.S. border in the '90s from Tijuana. The kingpin was arrested by 1993 but became a free man after spending about 15 years in prison.
His entire family is entangled in the drug trade. Security experts believe the cartel is now led by Felix's sister Enedina and her son Fernando, reports the BBC.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Looking back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
- 2018 Emmy Awards: List of winners, red carpet looks 29 Pictures