Attention bridge commuters. Lots of bridge work is being done this week on the four Delaware River Port Authority bridges. Here's a list of scheduled lane restrictions starting tomorrow.
Walt Whitman Bridge
- Closed to all traffic in both directions Tuesday, Aug. 27 and Wednesday, Aug. 28 from midnight to 4 a.m.
- Lanes and ramps leading up to the bridge will start closing at 11 p.m. both nights.
- Bridge speed limit remains at 35 mph until construction ends later this year.
- From Monday, Aug. 26 to Friday, Aug. 30, a maximum of four lates will be open into the city and two into New Jersey from 5 a.m. until 10 p.m. A maximum of two lanes will be open in each direction from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.From 2 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning, a minimum of two lanes will be open in each direction – except on Tuesday and Wednesday from midnight until 4 a.m., when the bridge will be closed to all traffic in both directions.
Commodore Barry Bridge
- From 9 a.m. Monday to 3 p.m. Friday, one lane into Pennsylvania will be closed to traffic.
Ben Franklin Bridge
- Four lanes into Philadelphia and three lanes into Camden will be open to traffic from 5:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. Monday through Friday.
- Three lanes into Philadelphia and four lanes into Camden will be open to traffic from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- On Tuesday, three lanes into Philadelphia and two lanes into Camden will be open from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- On Wednesday and Thursday, two lanes into Philadelphia and three lanes into Camden will be open from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Betsy Ross Bridge
- No lane closures.