Corn Country Croquettes
- 6 large hard-boiled eggs
- 284 ml can cream-style corn
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup 1% milk
- 2 tbsp minced parsley
- 1 cup seasoned fine dry bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1. Halve eggs. Discard 3 yolks. Finely chop remaining yolks and all egg whites; set aside. In small pot, combine corn, flour, onion powder, salt and pepper. Stir in milk. Cook, stirring, 5 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Pour mixture into large bowl. Stir in eggs and parsley. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- 3. Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C). Spread bread crumbs on plate. In shallow bowl, place beaten eggs. Carefully drop about 1/4 cup chilled corn mixture onto crumbs. Shape into 1-cm-thick patty. Coat patty with bread crumbs, then with beaten eggs, and again with crumbs. Repeat for 8 patties.
- 4. In 25-cm skillet, heat 1 tbsp oil over moderately high heat. Add 4 patties and cook 8 minutes or until golden, turning frequently. Transfer to baking sheet, cover with foil, and place in oven to keep warm. Repeat with remaining oil and remaining patties.