• 1 tbsp (15 ml) canola oil
• 1 onion, chopped
• 1 tsp (5 ml) finely chopped fresh ginger
• 2 tbsp (25 ml) korma curry paste or powder
• 1 lb (500 g) skinless chicken breast fillets, thickly sliced
• 2/3 cup (150 ml) hot chicken stock
• 14 oz (398 ml) can coconut milk
• 1/2 cup (125 ml) ground almonds
1. Preheat oven to 350 F(180 C). Heat oil in flameproof casserole and lightly cook onion and ginger 4-5 minutes or until softened. Stir in curry paste or powder and cook over low heat 1 minute.
2. Add chicken slices to casserole, stirring to coat in spicy onions. Add stock and coconut milk; bring to boil. Season. Cover with tight-fitting lid, then put in oven and leave to cook 45-60 minutes.
3. When ready to serve, remove casserole from the oven, and stir in ground almonds to thicken sauce.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to www.rd.ca
Most Popular From ...