• 6 strips bacon, chopped
• 1 lb (500 g) calf’s liver, thinly sliced
• 2/3 lb (300 g) baby leeks, sliced diagonally
• 2 tsp (10 ml) oil, if needed
• 1 1/3 cups (325 ml) beef stock
• 2 tbsp (25 ml) balsamic vinegar
• 4 tbsp (60 ml) heavy cream
1. Heat wide sauté pan and fry bacon over fairly high heat 4-5 minutes or until golden brown. Lift out with slotted spoon.
2. Add liver to pan and fry quickly about 2 minutes per side or until evenly coloured. Remove and keep hot with bacon.
3 Add leeks to pan, with oil if needed, and fry for 30 seconds, stirring. Stir in stock and heat until boiling. Simmer 2-3 minutes or until leeks are just tender.
4 Stir in balsamic vinegar and return liver and pancetta or bacon to pan. Stir in heavy cream. Bring to boil. Adjust seasoning to taste and serve.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to www.rd.ca
- Labrador retriever fetches top U.S. dog breed honor for record 28th year7 Pictures
- Oscars 2019: Red carpet looks and full list of winners36 Pictures