• 1 1/3 cups (325 ml) chicken or vegetable stock
• 1 medium onion
• 2 cloves garlic
• 3 tbsp (45 ml) canola oil
• 3 tbsp (45 ml) all-purpose our
• 2 tbsp (25 ml) mild curry powder
• 1 1/2 lb (680 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• Small handful of cilantro
• 2 tbsp (25 ml) seedless raisins
• 3 tbsp (45 ml) (25g) aked almonds
• 1/2 lemon
• 2 tbsp (25 ml) natural yogurt
• 2 tbsp (25 ml) heavy cream
• Salt and black pepper
1. Put stock on to boil. Peel and chop onion and garlic; fry gently in oil in large frying pan until soft, 5 minutes.
2. Mix our and curry powder in large bowl, then cut chicken into 1-in. (2.5-cm) cubes and toss in mixture until evenly coated. Add chicken and our mixture to pan and fry, stirring, 3 minutes.
3. Rinse, dry and chop enough cilantro to give 1 tbsp (15 ml) and reserve some to garnish. Add rest to chicken with raisins and hot stock. Bring to boil, stirring, then reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
4. Toast almonds in dry frying pan. Squeeze juice from lemon and set aside.
5. When chicken is cooked, remove pan from heat and stir in almonds, lemon juice, yogurt, cream, and salt and pepper to taste. Reheat gently, without boiling. Garnish with reserved cilantro and serve with rice.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to www.rd.ca
- PHOTOS: What's Brewing in Steamy Hallows, the Harry Potter-Inspired Cafe19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Frida Kahlo at the Brooklyn Museum doesn't hold back23 Pictures