Paulina Gretzky, the daughter of Wayne Gretzky, loves a night out with her BFFs in Los Angeles.
The 22-year-old blond model/singer/actress also loves to document her celebutante lifestyle on Twitter — with images of a lingerie-clad Paulina in bed, dancing at a nightclub, lying poolside in a red bikini and striking a pose with girlfriends (backs arched! chests out!).
Or, more accurately, at least she loved posting to Twitter.
Abruptly over the weekend, the daughter of hockey legend Gretzky and Janet Jones, shut down her account.
Paulina, the eldest of five children, was born Dec. 19, 1988, four months after her dad was traded to the L.A. Kings.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- A look back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
- 2018 Emmy Awards: List of winners, red carpet looks 29 Pictures
There are a couple of theories about why the Twitter account was closed.
Speculation No. 1: Gretzky’s name was linked last week to the potential sale of Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment. It’s possible the news drew attention to his daughter’s Twitter activity and racy online photographs, and that he stepped in. He grew up in Brantford, a far cry from the hustle of Hollywood. This couldn’t please him.
Speculation No. 2 involves the possibility that dad intervened when he learned that Canadian hockey star Paul Bissonnette, who plays for the Phoenix Coyotes, had recently exchanged Twitter salutations with Paulina Gretzky (an innocuous “Hi Paulina,” but still).
Bissonnette wasn’t playing for the Coyotes when Gretzky was part-owner and coach but Gretzky would not be unaware of his reputation as a man who enjoys the company of women and for his blunt language on Twitter.
That Wayne Gretzky was involved in the closing of the Twitter account is strengthened by this tweet shortly before it disappeared: “Having a nice sit down dinner with my dad about social media..haha #SIKEEE.”
The young Gretzky made her modelling debut on the cover of Flare in 2005. Interestingly, her beautiful mother appeared on a Playboy cover and photo spread in 1987.