• 1 1/2 lbs (750 g) all-purpose potatoes, peeled
• 3 slices turkey bacon, chopped
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
• 1/2 tsp (2 ml) paprika
• 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
• 1/4 tsp (1 ml) freshly ground black pepper
• 2 tbsp (25 ml) margarine
1. Coarsely grate potatoes into large bowl of ice water. Let stand 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cook bacon in large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat until crisp, 5 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain, leaving drippings in pan.
3. Sauté onion and green pepper in pan until soft, 5 minutes. Transfer with slotted spoon to paper towel.
4. Drain potatoes, squeezing out water. Transfer to dish towel and pat dry. Combine potatoes, bacon, onion, green pepper, paprika, salt and black pepper in large bowl.
5. Add margarine to drippings and melt over medium heat. Spread potato mixture evenly in frying pan and cook, without stirring, until golden brown and crispy on bottom, 15 minutes. Place large plate over pan and invert. Slide potatoes back into frying pan. Cook until golden brown and crispy on second side, 10 minutes.
- Labrador retriever fetches top U.S. dog breed honor for record 28th year7 Pictures
- Oscars 2019: Red carpet looks and full list of winners36 Pictures