Get ready to create more than 330 meals using only five ingredients ... or less. Quick and easy to make, this new must-have cookbook by Reader’s Digest Books is bursting with dishes over a massive 704 pages — from appetizers to main courses, and even desserts. Metro snagged these two simple recipes from Just 5 Things:
In this classic Greek dish, the lamb is sealed in a baking dish and slowly baked until tender and succulent. There are many legends surrounding its invention. According to some, the Greeks learned to make it when they were fighting to free themselves from Ottoman rule.
Hidden in the mountains, Greek soldiers would place all the ingredients in a dish and bury it over hot embers in the ground. No enticing food smells would emerge to let the enemy know their position. This recipe serves 4.
• 8 lamb chops, cut about ½ inch (1.5 cm) thick
• 12 shallots, unpeeled
• 2 cups (500 ml) dry white wine
• Finely shredded zest and juice of 2 lemons
• 3 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
Preheat the oven to 300ºF (150ºC/gas 2). Put all the ingredients in a large baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake for about 2 hours, until the lamb is tender.
Remove from the oven. Pour the liquid into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over high head and cook until reduced by half. Arrange the lamb and shallots in individual serving bowls. Pour the cooking liquid into the bowls and serve hot.
Chocolate and Hazelnut Pots
• 4 ounces (125 g) semisweet or dark chocolate
• ¾ cup (180 ml) heavy (double) cream
• ½ cup (50 g) roasted and coarsely chopped hazelnuts
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (essence)
• 1 cup (250 g) fresh strawberries, sliced
Melt the chocolate in a double boiler over barely simmering water. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool slightly. Use a large rubber spatula to mix the cream, hazelnuts, and vanilla into the melted chocolate. Pour the mixture evenly into four serving dishes.
Cover with plastic wrap (cling film) and chill for 15 minutes. Serve with the sliced strawberries.
- PHOTOS: What's Brewing in Steamy Hallows, the Harry Potter-Inspired Cafe19 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 36 Pictures