When the basic ingredients are bacon, pasta, eggs and Parmesan cheese, it's hard to go wrong.
This uncomplicated recipe for spaghetti carbonara from Lucinda Scala Quinn's Mad Hungry: Feeding Men and Boys, comes together in minutes.
Start to finish: 20 minutes
Serves 4 to 6
• 1 pound spaghetti
• 1/2 pound bacon, sliced crosswise into 1/2-inchpieces
• 3 large eggs
• 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese,plus extra for serving (optional)
• Ground black pepper, to taste
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the spaghetti according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-low, cook the bacon until just crispy, 8 to 10 minutes. Skim off some of the fat.
3. Drain the pasta, add to the bacon in the pan, and toss tocombine.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, cheese and pepper in a small bowl. Pour into the pasta and combine thoroughly. Serve immediately with extra grated cheese, if desired.
- There's fanfic at The Met and it's all because of the Tale of Genji21 Pictures
- Oscars 2019: Red carpet looks and full list of winners36 Pictures