With so many ways to get clean, finding the best all-natural ways can be tricky. What a product says on the front and what the ingredients actually are, don’t always match up. What are those unpronounceable ingredients? Can they be good for my health?
Reading your labels is the easiest way to decide for yourself. In the meantime, here are some of my favourite chemical free, all-natural, beauty-boosters:
1. For brighter, cleaner teeth try Toothsoap. This product gives a whole new meaning to washing your mouth out with soap. After using this pure stuff you will notice a difference in how your teeth look and feel.
2. For those rough patches, use Boo Boo Balm. Your dry, chafed red skin will thank you for its therapeutic oils. Great for excema, rosaeca, minor scrapes, bug bites and irritations. It’s also handcrafted with love, in small batches in Toronto.
3. Cover skin flawlessly with Sukicolor Tinted Active Moisturizing Foundation. Natural and organic, its sheer tint evens tone and minimizes pores without caking. Anti-inflammatory ingredients reduce the appearance of blemishes and redness, boost collagen synthesis and fight free radicals.
4. For luscious lips, use Lip Tints by Colorganics. Made with organic castor oil and moisturizing organic hemp seed oil, it’s winner – both in look and feel. Use it alone for sheer colour, or layer over lipsticks for added shine or under for added moisture.
5. For everything (it seems) try Superfine Jojoba by MiniOrganics. Ideal as bath oil, massage oil or moisturizer, MiniOrganic’s jojoba is perfect for relieving dry itchy skin conditions for the whole family, including newborn skin. It’s also brilliant as an eye makeup remover.
Join the movement to end toxic usage in our products. Visit environmentaldefence.ca to learn more about the Just Beautiful Campaign, as well as download a free toxic-free product guide.
- PHOTOS: Filipino devotees nailed to crosses to re-enact crucifixion4 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Memorial spotlights the man behind Nipsey Hussle rap persona14 Pictures
Lisa Borden is a Green Living consultant for leading companies, and owner of Borden Communications + Design Inc. Find more healthy news at DailySqueeze.ca.