Next Wednesday, May 20, ordering a pizza changes forever.
That’s when Domino’s begins the "tweet-to-order" system.
Here’s how it works:
- Celebrity deaths 2018: All the stars we lost too soon 45 Pictures
- Photos: Starbucks Reserve Roastery NYC reconnects you with your coffee 48 Pictures
- Register your tweet handle with Domino's Easy Order system online.
- When you register, you assign your basic order to your pizza slice emoji.
- Then, with a simple tweet to @Dominos with a tiny pizza emoji, your pie is on its way.
- For the emoji-averse, you can tweet the order to @dominos and use the #EasyOrder hashtag.
"It’s the epitome of convenience. We’ve got this down to a five-second exchange,” Patrick Doyle, Domino’s chief executive, told USA Today .
A marketing analyst says it's savvy PR.
Domino's will enjoy a "burst of publicity" as social media buzzes with the news, Rebecca Lieb, digital advertising analyst at Altimeter Group tells the paper.
Twitter is thrilled too.
"Our hope is that advertisers will keep innovating this way," says Twiter spokeswoman Genevieve Wong. "Twitter is the best platform to be creative like this."