- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
Mark Davis/Getty Images
Notice how the stars never seem to sweat?
Joanna Schlip, the makeup artist for Physicians Formula who has worked with Eva Longoria, Scarlett Johansson, Ellen Pompeo, Laura Linney, Hilary Duff and Sheryl Crow, says she employs a few tricks on sticky summer days to keep her faces looking crisp and cool:
• Schlip applies a bit of clear, solid anti-perspirant to the skin before applying makeup, concentrating on the upper lip, forehead and hairline. You’ll keep a matte appearance throughout the day and your makeup won’t move.
• Mineral makeup with silicones make it sweat resistant because they help form a protective barrier on the skin’s surface. (Physician’s Formula makes a talc-free mineral foundation.)
• The type of paper used for toilet-seat covers in public restrooms is similar to expensive blotting papers, says Schlip. She stocks up on the covers and tears them into tiny pieces to keep in her makeup bag.
• Forgo lipstick or gloss that can become a melted mess in favour of Jell-O. Dip a cotton swab into the powder packet of cherry Jell-O and apply it to lips for a long-lasting, sweat-proof stain.
• Remember to use the swab instead of your fingers, which also would get stained.