Easy Pizza Soup
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 500 ml (2 cups) sliced white mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 ml (1 tsp) dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 can pizza sauce
- 550 ml (2 1/4 cups) water
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) diced ham
- 175 ml (3/4 cup) croutons
- 175 ml (3/4 cup) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Stir in mushrooms, garlic, onion and seasoning; cook for 5 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
- 2. Stir in red pepper, pizza sauce and water; bring to a boil. Stir in tomatoes and ham; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until flavours have blended. (Make ahead: Let cool, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.)
- 3. Divide croutons among bowls; spoon soup over top. Sprinkle with cheese.