It's not unusual to see exotic foods like acai and goji berries cited for their antioxidant benefits, but the egg is truly one of nature's superfoods. This protein-packed staple has a lot to offer.
Did you know?
• A large Canada Grade A egg has only 70 calories and 6 grams of protein.
• The yolk contains half the egg's protein and the majority of its nutrients.
• Eggs contain 14 essential nutrients.
• Eggs are one of the few foods to be considered a complete protein because they contain all nine essential amino acids.
• As one of the few foods that naturally contains vitamin D, this nutrient in eggs helps to strengthen bones and teeth.
• Lutein and zeaxanthin may sound like super heroes but they're actually nutrients in eggs that can contribute to maintaining good vision.
More information, as well as recipes and helpful tips, can be found at eggs.ca.