Emptying propane tank leads to townhouse explosion

An explosion in the city’s north end ended up sending two to hospital with various degrees of burns, the fire department said.

 

An explosion in the city’s north end ended up sending two to hospital with various degrees of burns, the fire department said.

 

According to the fire department, one of the individuals was trying to empty a 20-pound propane tank outside his garage.

 

Investigators believe the gas made its way into the underground garage where it found an ignition source.

 

The explosion ended up blowing drywall off the ceiling of the garage of the townhouse and knocking pictures off the wall in the upper unit.

The explosion had also shifted the separating wall between the townhouse and the adjacent unit.

The fire department was dispatched at 10:15 a.m. to 540 Regal Park NE to respond to the explosion.

 
Latest From ...
Most Popular From ...