EPCOR president and CEODon Lowry was happy to report in a press conference held yesterday that EPCOR’s second-quarter of 2009 was a strong one.
“It was a good second-quarter across all businesses,” Lowry said.
“There were no environment incidents and zero loss time incidents.”
The second-quarter saw big changes this year. Capital Power was established as a separate company, an exchange that gained EPCOR almost $2.7 billion.
“We couldn’t support the water and power business simultaneously,” Lowry said. “It’s a win-win for Edmonton.”
EPCOR still holds 72.2 per cent of available shares for CPC, while the remaining 27.8 per cent of shares reside with public investors. $30 million, of the $150 million in shares were reserved for Edmonton alone.
Gold Bar was transferred to EPCOR, reuniting Edmonton’s water and wastewater operation, a move that Lowry said is great for the company and the city.
For their third-quarter the focus will be on the impact of water and wastewater on things like the environment.
- PHOTOS: Blues dump Bruins to win Stanley Cup after agonizing 52-year wait40 Pictures
- PHOTOS: This Pakistani waiter looks just like Peter Dinklage8 Pictures