Three moms give their thoughts on spousal me time.
The stay-at-home mom
Two boys: Lucas, 2, and Joshua, 4 months
My husband is busy with work, school and family. But personal time for him is very important. Occasionally, after the kids are in bed, my husband likes to get a beer with his buddies. I actually wish he could get out more with his friends, but there never seems to be enough hours in the day.
The high-powered working mom
Executive Director, National Council of Negro Women
Mother of two boys, Aidan, 7, and Guy, 14
As someone who is now happily divorced, I will admit that my ex-husband’s frequent and late night socializing presented a serious detriment to our marriage. I’m not one of those who believes that marriage marks the end to individuality. But finding “fun” time for friends and not for one’s spouse is a recipe for disaster.
The hippie mom
Owner, with husband, of My Little Green Shop, which sells organic and sustainable baby products online
Has a son, Sebastian, 25 months, and a daughter, Savara, nine months.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Looking back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- What you need to know about MTV's 'How Far Is Tattoo Far?' 9 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures