Former Subway sandwich chain pitchman Jared Fogle, who is serving a sentence for child pornography and sex offenses, was beaten in a Colorado federal prison in late January by another inmate, according to TMZ.
Prisons officials and a lawyer for Fogle did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
In December, Fogle, who became famous after losing weight on a diet that included sandwiches from the fast-food chain, appealed his 15-1/2-year sentence.
He pleaded guilty on Nov. 19 to charges of child pornography and traveling for illicit paid sex with minors.
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- A look back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
TMZ reported that Fogle suffered a bloody nose, swollen face and scratches on his neck after being beaten on Jan. 29 in a recreation yard by inmate Steven Nigg.
Nigg, who is in custody on a weapons charge, got a small cut on his left hand in the fight and was put in solitary confinement as punishment, TMZ said.
The low-security Englewood prison located in Littleton, Colorado, has a population of 959 inmates, according to the Federal Bureau of Prisons website.