Going on a fabulous Valentine’s date? Want your hair to be perfect?
Avoid last-minute impulse cuts, say stylists at Valentino’s Grande Salon in Whitby, Ont.
A hair disaster could ruin your confidence for the night. “Whenever trying something new, do it the week before to allow yourself to get comfortable with the change,” says Valentino’s stylist Danielle Buttel.
Valentino’s provides us with some hair “do’s” and “don’ts” for Valentine’s Day.
• Have your hair cut and shaped every six weeks. This will maintain both the condition and style, and ensure you won’t have a bad hair day on your special day!
• Always colour your hair a few days ahead of an important date to avoid any surprises or reactions on the skin.
Women: “Soft waves can give a great look for a romantic night on the town. They give great texture whether you hair is long or short. Volume and fullness are key for a sexy look that lasts the whole night,” says stylist Saira Rementulla.
Men: “Women like the tousled look. You can achieve this with a great haircut and a light matte moulding paste. This gives men a nice natural look without the heavy product feel,” says Rementulla.
• Use the wrong products — they can result in flat, dull and unkept hair.
• Get caught up in trends. “Do what looks flattering and feels comfortable to you. Seek professional advice on what suits your hair type, facial features and lifestyle,” says Valentino’s stylist Danielle Buttel.
- PHOTOS: What's Brewing in Steamy Hallows, the Harry Potter-Inspired Cafe19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Frida Kahlo at the Brooklyn Museum doesn't hold back23 Pictures