Home
 
Choose Your City
Change City

Exploding boiler causes residents to flee apartment building

Sixteen residents of a small apartment building in Pictou were forcedto flee the building over the weekend after a boiler malfunctioned andexploded.

Sixteen residents of a small apartment building in Pictou were forced to flee the building over the weekend after a boiler malfunctioned and exploded.


The ensuing fire on Saturday sent smoke through the nine-unit complex causing some damage, but there were no injuries.


The Red Cross was able to provide blankets and personal-care kits to residents who were then taken to a local fire hall to get out of the cold.


The building's owner hoped to have the damage fixed and most tenants back in their apartments by weekend’s end.

 
Consider AlsoFurther Articles