Home
 
Choose Your City
Change City

Family dog saves four from house fire

A dog is being credited with saving the lives of four New Glasgowresidents early Monday after a fire broke out in their Stellarton Roadhome.

A dog is being credited with saving the lives of four New Glasgow residents early Monday after a fire broke out in their Stellarton Road home.

New Glasgow Fire Chief Russell Mosher says the family had no batteries in their smoke detectors and likely wouldn’t have woken up in time to escape a blaze shortly after 12:30 a.m. if the family dog hadn’t sent up the alert. The three adults and child were able to escape the house “just in time,” he said.

The fire was mostly contained to the dining room in the house and it’s believed to be accidental in nature. The remainder of the home experienced smoke damage.

 
 
Consider AlsoFurther Articles