Far East Fruit Salad
- 1 can (540 mL) lychees in syrup
- 3 pieces crystallized ginger, cut into thin strips
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 oranges
- 1 cup seeded purple grapes, halved
- 1 red-skinned apple, cored and chopped
- Fine shreds of lime zest (garnish)
1. Drain lychees in sieve over bowl. Discard half of syrup that has drained into bowl, then add lychees. Stir in ginger and lime zest and juice.
2 . Cut peel and pith away from oranges with sharp knife. Holding oranges over bowl so that all juice will drip into salad, carefully cut between membranes to release segments. Add segments and juice to bowl.
3. Stir in grapes and apple; toss to mix. Pile salad into small bowls to serve, decorated with shreds of lime zest.
Per Serving: 200 calories, 1 g total fat, 0 g saturated fat, 51 g carbohydrate, 5 g fibre, 2 g protein