• 14 oz (400 g) farfalle
• 2/3 lb (300 g) broccoli florets
• 1 3/4 oz (50 g) can anchovy fillets, drained
• 2 tbsp (25 ml) 1% milk
• 2 tbsp (25 ml) olive oil
• 4 large garlic cloves, crushed
• Small bunch of fresh parsley, chopped
• 1/4 tsp (1 ml) crushed chili flakes
• 1 1/2 tbsp (20 ml) unsalted butter
Grated Parmesan cheese
Cook pasta according to pack instructions. Remove thick stalks from broccoli florets, then slice in half or quarters for smaller florets. Add to pasta for final minute of cooking. Reserve about 6 3/4 tbsp (100 ml) of cooking water, then drain pasta and broccoli thoroughly.
2. Meanwhile, soak anchovies in milk 5 minutes to remove salt. Drain, then chop.
3. Heat olive oil in warm pasta pot and add chopped anchovies, garlic, parsley and crushed chili flakes. Stir over medium heat 2 minutes.
4. Add pasta and broccoli to pot with reserved cooking water. Toss gently and season with ground black pepper. Add butter and toss until melted. Turn into warmed serving bowls and serve immediately with Parmesan cheese.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to www.rd.ca
Farfalle with Broccoli and Anchovies