Submitted by Tammy Laforet, Windsor, Ont.
- Celebrity deaths 2018: All the stars we lost too soon 45 Pictures
- 10 finalists for TIME Person of the Year 2018 11 Pictures
- 2 cheddar smokey sausages (can substitute with a dozen shrimp)
- 5 strips fried bacon (optional)
- 1 large ripe diced tomato
- 1/2 cup onion
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 diced pepper
- 1/2 cup of any other veggies (broccoli, carrots, spinach)
- 1 cup Uncle Ben’s parmesan or garlic rice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp butter for taste
- 1. Cut tomatoes, onions, sausages, peppers and other veggetables into bite-sized pieces.
- 2. Saute all veggies in olive oil until they are medium soft.
- 3. Add garlic and sausages. (if using Shrimp, add later on)
- 4. When the suasages are cooked, add water required as per Uncle Ben’s rice and bring to light boil.
- 5. Add rice stir and cover. Cook for 10-15 min per Uncle Ben’s rice instructions, stirring occasionally. (Add Shrimp at this time.)
- 6. Chop up bacon pieces and add.
- 7. Serve when most liquid is absorbed. Leave some as a sauce to give the dish more taste.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to rd.ca